As this wonderful and crazy debut year draws to a close, I want to say a huge thanks to lots of people:
– Thanks to all the fabulous readers who took the time to send me fan mail about FHN. You rock! This was such an unexpected perk and continues to make my day every time I connect with a reader.
– Thanks to all the wonderful librarians and teachers who bought FHN for their libraries and students. Friends have sent me pictures of the novel in the wild all over the country. So exciting!!
– Thanks to all the awesome YA bloggers who participated in my Spread-the-Flower-Love blog tour, hosted me for interviews, or reviewed FHN. It was great to get to know you, and I hope our paths cross again soon!
– Thanks to all the amazing book store owners in Virginia, Maryland, DC, Pennsylvania, New York, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan, who welcomed me with open arms and sometimes even flowers. Everyone’s been so sweet, and I’m ecstatic to see my book on your shelves. Hope it sells well!!
– Thanks to my family and friends who helped spread the word about FHN and bought lots of copies! I am forever grateful!!
– Thanks to The Tenners, a wonderful group of newbie authors like me. You’re a fabulous group of writers and have helped me keep my sanity this year and last.
– Thanks to the schools in Virginia, DC, and Pennsylvania who invited me to talk about writing and the language of flowers to their students. I love connecting in person!
– Thanks to everyone at Greenwillow Books and HarperCollins for supporting FHN on its launch into the wild. I had an especially great time at BEA and ALA.
– Thanks to all my crit partners (Pam, Cyn, Denise, Holly, and Blythe, to name a few) and to my agent, Steven Chudney, for your support and encouragement in this sometime crazy business.
To all of you, I give white bellflowers (top), for gratitude, and rosemary (middle), because I’ll always remember and treasure you, and snowdrops (below) that all our hopes for 2011 will come true!