Thomas Jefferson Essay Coaching
Excellent essays can distinguish your child from the pack of TJ applicants, but many eighth graders feel panicked by the prospect of timed writing. They rarely understand how to use the steps of the writing process under pressure. With ten years experience teaching writing and twenty years of freelancing, I have the expertise to give your child the skills and confidence to write the best essays possible for the TJ exam.
My method includes a pre-questionnaire to get to know your child’s passions; a 1.5 hour, one-on-one coaching session; and four online practice workshops with TJ-style prompts. My style of teaching emphasizes the importance of voice, structure, clarity, and sensory details. Your child’s intelligence and passion for the STEM curriculum at TJ will shine through the essays!
TJ Essay Coaching Package: ($450)
– Includes a pre-meeting questionnaire, so I can get to know your son or daughter.
– Includes a 1.5 hour private coaching session.
– Includes four online coaching sessions. The student will answer write practice timed essays, which I will critique and give feedback on using track changes.
TJ Essay Group Coaching (for 3 to 5 participants, $350 per student)
– Includes a pre-meeting questionnaire to get to know the students.
– Includes a two-hour coaching session with all the students.
– Includes four online coaching sessions. The students will write practice timed essays, which I will critique and give feedback on using track changes.
Questions? Contact me at amybrecountwhite at gmail.com.